Absorber Care for Dog Owners
Care Instructions for The Absorber® Dog Lover’s Towel™
These care instructions are meant to provide guidance to dog owners on how to get the best performance from The Absorber®.
Some Do’s & Don’ts
Rinse The Absorber with warm or cool water before first use
Forget to rinse your Absorber before first use
Wash The Absorber either by hand or machine wash regularly
Use fabric softener or bleach
Use mild liquid detergent for regular cleanings
Place in the dryer
Use white vinegar as a natural antimicrobial and odor neutralizer
Wash your Absorber’s with other cotton or microfiber towels that have excessive dog hair trapped in them
Place your clean/damp Absorber in its tube so it is ready to use at all times
Forget to wash your Absorber regularly
Before First Use:
- Rinse your Absorbers with warm or cool water. This makes them more pliable and easier to work with as they are a little stiff right out of the packaging.
After each Use:
- Rinse well, wring and then place back in its tube so it is ready to use at home or on the go. Machine wash or wash by hand regularly. If you use your Absorber daily, you should wash it once a week. If you use it once a week then wash it once or twice a month.
- Machine wash (or hand wash if you so desire) with liquid detergent. You can wash your Absorber with other towels as long as they are not covered in dog hair. The hair trapped in your cotton towels may transfer over to the Absorber in the spin cycle. If this happens, rinse your Absorber by hand to remove the unwanted hair.
- Remove from washing machine (or wring well after hand wash), roll your Absorber, and store in its container. The Absorber will not mold or mildew as long as they are properly rinsed before storing and washed regularly.
- You may prefer your Absorber to dry out overnight. This inhibits any potential for mold or odor. Simply roll it and leave the cap off of the tube.
- When dried out, your Absorbers will become stiff. Simply rehydrate, wring out, and they are ready for action.
If your Absorber has an odor:
- Use white vinegar. It is a natural antimicrobial. If odor becomes an issue, you can soak your Absorbers in 1 cup vinegar to 2 gallons of water mix and let sit for an hour then rinse well.
- 1 cup of vinegar can also be added to each machine wash along with the liquid detergent.
For stubborn odors:
- Run your Absorber through the wash again and instead of vinegar, add a ½ cup of baking soda to the wash.
If your Absorber has a stain:
- If your Absorber becomes stained in any way, this will not affect the its performance.